- Experienced designer and teacher of online courses for higher education
- Conference presenter and experienced public speaker for technology-enhanced instruction
- Author of Technology Teacher Blog
- Co-authored textbook: Digital Age Teaching Skills: A Standards Based Approach, 3rd Edition
- Developer of quality online courses for the Department of Educational Technology
- Consistently high student evaluations
- Peer-reviewed publications
- Facilitator of mLearning Faculty Learning Community
- Principal Investigator of inter-institutional grant project
- Chair of faculty Web 2.0 grant projects
Department of Educational Technology
Boise State University
1910 University Drive, MS 1747
Boise, ID, USA 83725
May 2006: Boise State University, Ed.D, Curriculum & Instruction
May 2002: Boise State University, M.S., Educational Technology
August 2000: Boise State University, B.A., English Teaching
- Interim E-Portfolio Manager, August 2014 to present
- Clinical Associate Professor, August 2010 to present
- Visiting Assistant Professor, August 2008 to July 2010
- Instructional Design Specialist, Academic Technologies, Boise State University; Boise, Idaho – August 2007 to June 2008
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Boise State University; Boise, Idaho – July 2006 to May 2007
- Principal Investigator,SpecialEdPara2Teacher Project – August 15, 2006 – August 15, 2007
- Successfully received grant funding as PI for SpecialEd federal grant sponsored by State Board of Education. In charge of administrative liaison, instructional design of online courses, and technology interface for program of 30 online courses with first two online courses to be delivered by fall 2007. Highly developed skills in inter-institutional collaboration and working with all institutional departments.
- Adjunct Professor, Boise State University; Boise, Idaho – 2002 to 2006
- Taught undergraduate and graduate courses in face-to-face, hybrid, and online settings.
- Secondary English Teacher, Idaho Virtual High School; Mountain Home, Idaho – 2002
- Taught Secondary English classes online through new virtual charter high school in Mountain Home, Idaho.
- Executive Assistant, Idaho Charter School Network; Boise, Idaho – 2001-2002
- Helped set up initial organization of charter schools in Idaho.
Developed ICSN website, organized annual conferences, wrote and contributed to charter By-Laws.
- Helped set up initial organization of charter schools in Idaho.
- Graduate Assistant, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho – 2000-2001
Worked for EdTech department as computer lab assistant and research assistant for department chair.
Schroeder, B. (2013). Mobile and digital: Perspectives on teaching and learning in a networked world. In A. Tsinakos, & M. Ally (Eds.). Global Mobile Learning Implementations and Trends. (pp. 105-118). China Central Radio & TV University Press.
Schroeder, B., & Haskell, C. (2011). Micro-cycles: Course design model for mobile learning. In I. Chen (Ed.), Ubiquitous Learning: A Survey of Applications, Research, and Trends. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
Wyzard, C., Schroeder, B., & Haskell, C. (2011). Digital age teaching skills: A standards based approach, 3rd edition. Boise, ID: ERN Publishing.
Wyzard, C., Schroeder, B., & Haskell, C. (2010). Digital age teaching skills: A standards based approach, 2nd edition. Boise, ID: ERN Publishing.
Pollard, C., Schroeder, B., & Haskell, C. (2009). Digital age teaching skills: A standards based approach. Boise, ID: ERN Publishing.
Schroeder, B. (2009). Within the wiki: Best practices for educators. AACE Journal, 17(3), 181-197.
Schroeder, B. (2008). Microsoft Live Meeting: Web conferencing systems for virtual classrooms, Microsoft Higher Education White Paper http://www.microsoft.com/education/highered/whitepapers/conferencing/WebConferencing.aspx
Schroeder, B. & Tutty, J. I. (2008) Using Adobe Acrobat Connect to promote online community. Learning Technology. http://lttf.ieee.org/learn_tech/issues/january2008/index.html#_Toc193951080
Schroeder, B. (2007). Publicizing your program: Website evaluation, design, and marketing strategies. AACE Journal,15,(4).
Schroeder, B. (2006). Ready, set, start blogging! [Electronic Version]. Learning Technology, 8, 30. http://lttf.ieee.org/learn_tech/issues/october2006/lt_october2006.pdf
Schroeder, B. (2006). Multimedia-enhanced instruction in online learning environments. Boise State University Doctoral Dissertation.
Schroeder, B. (2002). Technology-integrated learning in the English classroom: A “Conceptual Framework” for designing instruction. Boise State University Master’s Thesis/Project
- Mobile Learning Scholars 2.0, Fall 2013 – Spring 2014
- Moodle Administrator
- Social Media Expert
- Advanced user of web-design applications, Microsoft tools, and Google Apps tools
- Cross-platform ability, comfortable with Mac, Windows, and Linux Operating Systems
- Advanced user of Blackboard and other learning/content management systems (Moodle, drupal)
- Expert user of Adobe Connect Professional Meeting & Presenter
- Creative user of blogs, wikis, and podcasting to enhance student learning experience and provide effective modeling of emerging technologies
- Experienced web designer, using Dreamweaver and content management software
- Advanced user of Adobe CS4 tools
- Advanced user of QuickTime Pro, Audacity, GarageBand3
- Experience working with dynamic websites and php MyAdmin (mySQL databases)
- Online course designer and instructor
- Digication Workshops, September, 2014 – January 2015
- Using Google Hangouts, October, 2014
- SmartBoard Workshop for COE faculty, staff, January 2010
- Google Apps for Educators, August 2009
- Writing Across the Curriculum, August 2009
- First Year Writing, Technology Integration Workshop, February 2009
- EDTECH Moodle Faculty Workshop, December 2008
- Adobe Connect Workshops, Nursing Department, August, September 2008
- Podcasting Workshops, 2007
- Non-Fiction Writing Workshop, Podcasting Skills, December 2007
- First Year Writing, Technology Integration Workshop, February 2008
- Blackboard Faculty Workshops, January 2008 to present
- Blackboard Upgrade Orientations, January 2008
- Photo Story3 Student Workshops, November-December 2007
- Advanced PowerPoint and Movie Maker Workshop, December 2007
- Google Page Creator Workshop, December 2007
- Faculty Mashup, October 2007
- Emerging Technologies for Teaching and Learning, September 2007
- Wikis, Blogs, and Podcasting, September 2007
Rice, K. L. (Principal), “PMIEF Workshop and Professional Development Portal,” Funded. Amount of Total Award: 40,000.00. (October 2012 – Present).
Schroeder, B. (2006). Special Education Para-Educator to Teacher Alternate Project: Resume for professional contract ($46,390). Boise, ID: Idaho State Board of Education. http://edtech2.boisestate.edu/bschroeder/barbara/schroeder_proposal.pdf
- Keynote Address: Idaho Library Association Annual Conference, September, 2013
- Mobile Learning Symposium, September 2011
- NWELC, Nampa, ID (April, 2010). Podcasting Under the Gun
- ICCOC Conference, Des Moines, IA (March, 2010). Google Apps, Google Voice, Google Wave: Applications and Strategies for Educators
- NCCE Conference, Seattle, WA (March, 2010). Podcasting Under the Gun
- EDTECH Showcase, Boise, ID (January, 2010). Podcasting Under the Gun
- NW eLearn Conference, Nampa, ID (October, 2009). Improving Student Writing with Digital Tools.
- MEC 2009 Conference, Tempe, AZ (March, 2009) Co-Presenter with Chris Haskell, Podcasting on a Schedule
- MEC 2008 Conference, Tempe, AZ (March, 2008) Within the Wiki: Instructional Strategies for Educators
- Educause Western Regional Conference, San Francisco, CA (March, 2008) “Within the Wiki: Instructional Strategies for Educators”
- SITE 2007 Conference, San Antonio, TX (March, 2007) “Designing and Using Multimedia to Enhance Learning: What Every Instructor Should Know”
- SITE 2007 Conference, San Antonio, TX (March, 2007) Co-authored with Jeremy Tutty: “New Opportunities for Learning: Using Macromedia Breeze in Online Teaching”
- MEC 2007 Conference, Tempe, AZ (March, 2007) Co-authored with Jeremy Tutty: “Using Macromedia Breeze to Support a Virtual Community of Learners”
- NRMERA Conference, Sun Valley, ID (October, 2006) “Publicizing your Program: Website Design and Optimization.”
Digication Training, 2014
Elluminate Moderator Training, April 2010
Lynda.com training, Dreamweaver CS4 and CSS for web design (January, February, 2010)
Advanced Techniques with Podcasting for Educators, April 2008
Using the Quality Matters Rubric to Improve Your Online Course, May-June 2008
Applying Fair Use Doctrine workshop, November 2007
Podcasting Seminar, October 2007
Grant Institute Workshop, Seattle, WA, December 2006
Service to the Institution
Mobile Learning Scholars 2.0, Fall 2013 – Spring 2014
mLearning Scholars Group, Spring 2011
Curriculum Mapping Committee (COE), 2009-2010
Adobe Connect Pro Advisor, researcher for other web conferencing tools, 2010
EdTech Moodle Advisor/Developer
Creator/Author of Technology Teacher Blog: https://edtechtoday.wordpress.com
Quality Matters Online Course Evaluator, April 2008, December 2008
NRMERA Webmaster, 2007 to 2010
Wiki Developer/Promoter for Learning for Life Initiative, December 2007 (http://l4l.wetpaint.com)
Committee Memberships (2006 – 2007) Faculty Workload Committee (bimonthly)
Faculty Advisor, Department of Educational Technology, Boise State – 2002 through 2007
Master’s Project Committee Member, Boise State – 2006
Breeze Training Workshop, 4 days, Fostering Literacy across Disciplines (FLAD) Project, (Summer, 2006)
FLAD project group wiki training website and Yahoo! Group communication website with training links, (Summer 2006)
LISTSERV for Writing Group, Boise State University (2006)
Keynote Presentation: Idaho Library Association Annual Conference, September 2013
Mobile Apps in Higher Education: Extended Studies Presentation, September 2011
Keynote: Concurrent Enrollment Orientation, Boise State, August 2011
SPLAT Presentation: Cool Teachers, October, 2010
Para2Teacher Project, Cohort 2, CAAP Meeting, 2010
Adjunct Faculty Spring Workshop – February, 2008
College of Social Sciences & Public Affairs – January, 2008
Faculty Mashup – October, 2007
CAAP Provost Meeting, Boise State University – September, 2006
Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Conference, Sun Valley, Idaho – October, 2006
Idaho Education Deans Meeting, Boise State University – October, 2006
Idaho Education Deans Meeting, Idaho State University, Boise Campus – November, 2006
IASEA Regional Conference, Special Education Directors – November, 2006
Idaho State School Board Association, Boise – November, 2006
College of Education Faculty Meeting, Boise State – November, 2006